WAKE UP ! ! ! ! ! WEDNESDAY Tears & Rest

~ Every day offers you 10,000 reasons to cry, but if you can find just one reason to laugh then you will be alright. - Maya Angelou


So to follow the unplanned theme this week I ask you, have you ever cried so much that afterward you just fall asleep afterward?

It does not happen often to me, but when it does, I look back at what was bothering me and decide if it was really worth all the energy.  Women do this much more than men, but I think children do it even more. Crying is healthy and normal, and many times I find it is a huge way of relieving the built up stress.  I always have and I always will. 

Please do not just have a cry because you want to get rid of stress, but if you do get to a breaking point crying allows so much to flow and then be over with. My husband would say that I have a build up about every three months, but what he does not know and might now, is that it happens more often.  In the car during the ride to or from work, or just late at night when I can not sleep.  Lately with the Olympics on I find myself crying at the interviews or commericials, it is crazy what will make me cry, the human emotional roller coaster is a BLAST!!  Crying - I do not see it as a bad thing, nor am I trying to hide it.  Crying is a great thing for me to work towards rest.  So WAKE up People and cry if you have to, there is nothing to hide!

Comments

Jenny-
I like this article. I agree with letting your emotions flow (whether it's sadness, joy, fear, anger, etc). There are many ways we (humans) express these emotions and I think there is a cultural message (more towards men) to stuff or hide these expressions. However, when we learn how to express these emotions in healthy ways (yes, this includes anger, too) we can get back to living from a fuller and more grounded state of being. isn't that what we REALLY want, is to operate from who we really are, instead of operating from an emotionally charged place? Not that we shouldn't live from our emotions, but live from the emotions of the present, not the emotions that have been built up over the past 3 weeks (or longer). I think your post is "bang-on" and this is one of the many ways to be emotionally present for our selves, partners and families; thus making the world a more real and "in-the-moment" place.
Crying is a necessary stress relief sometimes.
Sarah Fader said…
It feels great to have a good cry. I like when you let your emotions out and then you fall fast asleep afterward as you mentioned!

Popular Posts