Day Six

DAY SIX:


Point to ponder: This world is not my home!Verse to remember: 2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)



How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now??



Well it should change my materialistic views of stuff and help me remove the superficial value on items that we all have. I should be reminded that - I can not take it with me to heaven. It should help me look past the idea of being patted on the back every time I do a good deed or even accomplish great works within my job with the crisis pregnancy center. Knowing that this life and way of living is temporary.

I can now change the ways that I value things and teach my boys to do the same. Try to teach them that their way of living here on earth is to be simple and not full of stuff. Man made items that break, require more stuff and in the long run will not be buried with you or brought with you to heaven.

We need to place more value on the things we do and the way we treat others in our everyday life, these things will grant us everlasting pleasure in heaven.

I really enjoyed R. Warrens way of talking about our time here on earth. He spoke about how we as Christians carry a green card to stay here on earth and that our true home is heaven. That we are only here temporarily, and that when our work ends we will go HOME to the LORD, and meet all we know in heaven. What a visual of being only a visitor on earth.

LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. Psalm 39:4

I am here on earth for just a little while. Psalm 119:19 (TEV)

Comments

Popular Posts