Purpose Driven Life - Day Two


Thinking about my Purpose


"I am your creator. you were in my care even before you were born" Isaiah 44:2 (CEV)


I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?


WOW - how should I answer this? Is the first thing that came to my mind when I read this. Well no other way but truthfully is how I need to answer.


But being honest in my mind and with God is one thing and being honest on paper (bloggin) is a harder thing. We as a culture have allowed women to believe there is only one way to be and one shape and all others are flowed! However the Lord created me and created the shape I am, all my thoughts and ALL my flaws. But he also created all my Positive attributes too! The Lord created my artistic abilities, my humor (and lack of one too)! he created my hair, eyes, skin with all the flaws they have as well. My height, weight and shape were all pre-determined before I was born, right?


So why are we as a society NOT happy with all shapes and types of people? I am not sure how to answer and I AM sure I will never be able to answer that! But I know I am happy with most of who I am. I know I am a creative, caring, active intelligent person who has become a daughter, sister, mother, friend, co-worker and so much more to so many.


Could there be parts of my life that I would change? SURE, who does NOT have their laundry list of things? I know I would LOVE to be taller, thinner, smarter and so much more, but I would not change what I have been given because of all the things I would loose. For I know there is a reason for all my flaws, just not sure yet what that purpose is!

Comments

Popular Posts