Eight Years later


I was working at Hartford Hospital and I was 6 months pregnant with our first child. I had left my office and went over to another building in the HH complex. Hiked up a few flights and sat and did some research in the PR department. While there someone from that office came in a said that a building in NY was hit by a plane. So we walked over the the TV they had and we were watching as the second plane hit the second building. OMG
I said I should get back to my office, and as I did the power in this building went out! We all started to freak out because HH was one very tall building in Hartford, we all ran down the stairs and out of the building. I headed over to my building and saw my co workers they were all in shock. We set up a television in the cafe of our building and pretty much took turns watching the news for the next four hours, it was such a sunny day out but the heaviness of sorrow made it feel like one of the darkest days of my life. I was afraid to bring a child into this world. Would it be a world of war and attacks on our country? Would he have to fight the minute he turned 18 - so many things went though my mind that day and the weeks ahead.
The next few days were hard on all of us, as people lined up to give blood, clothes and what ever else we could spare. Flags were flown, ribbons tied and a nation grouped together for one cause! It was powerful and amazing and I hope one day our country can gather again with out the loss of life. It would be nice to see Flags hanging off every home or mailbox, car and a flag pin on every lapel.

Comments

Popular Posts