MASKS

It is amazing to me how a child changes once they put on a mask, cape, glasses or pretty much anything that might is some way disuse who they really are! I always say how the boys change when they go through the dress up box, and today is no different. Trevor came home from a swap meet with a power ranger mask, sword and a few other bits and pieces, they were cleaned up and now in the hands of an almost six year old. So being who I am I dug out a costume I was saving for Halloween, that was also bought on clearance last Halloween, and I let my son have this really cool power ranger muscle suit. Then the little one wanted in on the action, so I put on the Over sized Green power ranger suit, that was cherished by our oldest and brushed to the side for the NEW Red one. The little one normally wears a size 3T, and wanted to put on this 7/8...so I had to work my mother magic, roll up the pants, the sleeves, and tighten the belt so much that my husband said "it looks like the bad guys shrunk him and not his clothes". Now two boy, two costumes, two masks and two swords later, we have a mini Power Ranger meeting right here in our living room. Jumping, swinging, running and all sorts of power ranger ninja moves. This is what we do on a sunday afternoon, what do you do?

Comments

Popular Posts