Truthful Tuesday 12/8/09

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love. ~ Henry Ward Beecher


With the Advent Season here we as Christians are thinking and celebrating the Birth of Jesus.  This time of year really makes me look back at the year past and reflect on how much things have changed and yet how much they have stayed the same, much of this has to do with the Family Christmas Card or Letter I write each year.  You all know the one I am talking about, the one that goes on and on about how awesome our lives are and how much the children have done this past year.  Details that most people care little about, unless you are family or very close friends.  Well  again this year I sat up writting this little two page newsletter, that seemed not much different from last, but they will go out in the mail to those we love.

So as things change and things stay the same, I reflect on so much more and way beyond just this past year.  I want to look back at the Birth of Jesus and how much he gave to us in his short years here on earth.  I am in awe of what this Man of flesh and bone did for us through his heavenly father, the more I read the more I see what Love was shown in such a sort life.  There was so much Love from his placement in Mary womb, to his birth and beyond, it is so hard for me to wrap my brain around it.  And yet we continue to celebrate His birth each year as if it was the first time. 

I am looking forward to Christmas this year, having time with my family.  Spending less money and focusing more on what we can do together.  Talking about the Christmas Story seems to be a great way to pull our boys out of their shells, asking them questions about Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  Asking them what it means to celebrate Christmas, and why they believe what they do believe.

What questions do you ask your children?
What kind of responces do you get?
What questions do your children ask you?



God Bless and don't forget to write your Chirstmas Cards!


Comments

Popular Posts