This came to my email in box this am as I was sitting down in the few minutes before I had to run to work. In that time I was trying to create our family calendar for the next three months, and I was asking myself what has to GIVE? So the follow was almost sent to me from the lord!

this is what the email said - "Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer" (Psalm 94:19 LB).

The fact is it takes energy to do God's will. What do you do when you run out of energy?

God suggests when we're feeling uneasy, perhaps low on energy; we should be still and get quiet before him: "Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer" (Psalm 94:19 LB).


So how shall I do this during a time where I feel like I am wearing many hats and dislike letting others down in the process of trying to fulfill their own goals?

Sure I am a mother!
I am a volunteer
I am a friend
Wife
christian
neighbor
assistant scoutmaster
small group leader
community member
VBS leader
oh crud how many more Hats can I wear before I get worn down by the one who wants to stop me from following the Lord Jesus Christ?

I guess I will wear the hats till I can not longer balance? But is that healthy? NO WAY and in my case always unhealthy - so a decision needs to be made about the hats to wear. I need this time to be still make time to read the bible take time to sit with my children and be their mother. Read scripture during the day or listen to it on the drive to work.

Over the past month I have added the 5 minutes of prayer daily during my drives to work and back or around town. Never

Comments

Popular Posts