April 2, 2011

Not working anymore...

Over a month ago I left my position as Director of Development at a local crisis pregnancy center in northeastern Connecticut.  It was a decision that my husband and I made together, allowing me to stay at home with the family.

Though I loved what I did and what the pregnancy center was doing in the communities it served, I was bring home my work mentally.  Not always a good thing for anyone, but especially me.  I suffer from anxiety and the work I had and the work I wanted to accomplish (and could not due to time) did not help keep the anxiety at bay.  With the winter we had here in Connecticut over 100 inches, did not help with accomplishing my work either, because every snow day was a day away from work, and my anxiety built because I worried about the work rather than enjoy the snow day with my boys.

So home I am and the anxiety is reducing day by day.  I am able to get lots of things accomplished for our family without the time restriction and stress. Working out is now a daily task, and no longer put on the back burnner.  I have dropped 7 lbs since I left work, and I have a goal of 25 total over the next year.

I have been a stay at home mom before but now it is different.  My boys are both in school and I am home.  So now that the month is over and I am adjusting to it, I am making my lists of things to accomplish in the next 2 1/2 months before school is over.  So this weekend I make my list of thing to do and what I want to get done over the next year.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

It is great that you can stay home with the boys. Great job on the working out too.

April 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home