December 18, 2010

Beauty? and Change?

As I sit here waiting for my nails to dry, on my left hand only, I think what am I doing?
Why am I taking up time waiting for them to dry just to do the right hand next?

But beyond waiting, why am I going through all the effort to paint my nails, knowing it won't last! They never last more than 24 hours painted, and then what?

So I think aome more, why do I even bother, I don't wear make-up more than once a month, not sure of the last time I had a pedicure or real manicure or the last time I even wanted one. I blow dry my hair once a week and pretty much come to the realization that I am a pretty simple woman.

I have been with my husband for over 15 years and this is who I was then, and if he loves they way I look, SO why change?  Well maybe because society has forced me to? Made me see that my 36 year old face is showing it's age and that I "Must change that"!

But do I? Should I? I love being low maintenance and pretty much age to wash and go! With an active family, it is a bonus to be ready fast! Plus I think that the Lord made me just like this, why should I over due what he has given me? So I sit waiting for my nails to dry only to see how long they last! And reminding myself that I do not have to change!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I am a simple girl too. Nothing wrong with that.

December 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home