June 9, 2010

WAKE UP WEDNESDAY - June 9, 2010 HUMAN TRAFFICKING


Last night was the first night of a new small group though church.   My intention was not to join a small group this summer but things change when you listen to the Lord and let go of your own convictions!
As I have mentioned many times in the past six months I have been drawn into doing more research on human trafficking. I am feeling compelled to read about it, talk about it, do research about it and pretty much make others aware of what is going on locally to globally.

We statred to read the Book "Not For Sale - The return of the Global Slave Trade and How We Can Fight it" by David Batstone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2XgmQZ-c8M

I can not detail the book yet, but as we read each section, I will share with you. But from this point I can share with you some of the many orginizations fighting for those who cant!

http://www.unodc.org/blueheart/en/about-us.html

My state Facts: http://www.cga.ct.gov/pcsw/Trafficking/07%20final%20trafficking%20report.pdf


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try "A Crime So Monstrous" for a really excellent look at this issue. I found "Not for Sale" somewhat informative, but "A Crime So Monstrous" really educated me about why and how this stuff happens and what can be done about it. It helped me understand better how I could be involved. Bonus, it's actually a really engaging read.

June 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I sound like the author, LOL... I'm not, it's just a book that changed my life. Clearly, because I now have "human trafficking" on Google alert, which is how I got here.

June 10, 2010 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger JRomamma said...

Thank you for this insight! I am looking for another book for a fall small group. I will look into and buy this book before then!

Thanks

Visit Often!

June 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home