June 23, 2010

WAKE UP WEDNESDAY - DRAMA....


I had jumped the gun this summer to hire a sitter to watch the boys three days a week.  I was ahead of the game! We interviewed, We had a few come over a watch them while we went out, and in all we thought we pretty much made the right choice. 

Mary, was our pick.  A young college student who lived locally. 
I was all set and ready for her to come over today.  I got up early, did the dishes, made the bed, picked up all the toys and was ready for work at 8am.  Mary was scheduled to arrive at 9 am as we confirmed on thursday night when she was over our house. 

I should have seen it then.  Thursday afternoon Mary calls at 3:45 saying she was leaving in a 1/2 hour and will be to our house at 5, from a city that was over 45 minutes away!  So 5 pm arrived and she did not, she was 22 minutes late!  There for I was late to work!  Ok once I can forgive and not say anything.....

But today totally different, today 9 am arrived and she did not!
9:15 arrived and she did not - nor did a phone call!
9:30 arrived and nothing from her!
I called work and called out for the day stressing out about what I was going to do for the rest of the summer! B R E A T H!!!!!!!!

I called my mother in law who was and is more than willing to watch the boys till they sell their home!  This is a great thing for us both! We both are getting something out of this and the boys are as well.

Did God have a plan? I think so!

11:30 rolls around and I get a call from Mary the sitter!  Pretty thick excuse, I ask if she is ok?  She is!  I then let her know that this will not work for the summer.  We need to have a reliable person to care for our children, and I can not in good faith use her services long term.  She apoligized and I accepted.  I just hope she learns that just one phone call could have solved so much of this hassle!

Gods plan might be deeper than I know, he might have even saved my children.  But these are things He does and only He knows and I will never know.  But for now I remain a working mother, with a mother in law who gets to see her grandchildren before she moves. Yet another day of Drama in the Life of This Working Mother!

As my husband put it "God does not close a door without first opening a window!" I held onto those words all day, and it helped!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Glad it worked out.

June 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Erin @ Closing Time said...

It's always amazing how God provides a way! :)

June 24, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home