June 22, 2010

Truthful Tuesday - Lyme Disease?

To be honest I am a bit scared! Because I am thinking (maybe too much)!   Over the weekend that out youngest kidlet might have Lyme disease~ Now here’s the thing I AM NOT one of those moms who runs to the computer every time my child has a sniffle or booboo, but I have seen so many friends and family members suffer long term with Lyme disease that I did not want to wait to read about it!  I know that Lyme can have long term effects on people and I do not want my son to be one of those PEOPLE!
What clued me into what might be Lyme? Well over the weekend he spiked a fever it read 104.4 on the ear thermometer. He was not his normal active child, cranky and took a 3 hour nap mid day on Saturday! He has not napped at home since he was 18 months old. Later that evening he vomited, mainly because his fever. Then there was the tell tale sign, a tick was pulled off him about three weeks ago off his inner elbow. It was not on long, but long enough to have to remove it with tweezers and a pin.

So do all these things line up to be Lyme disease? Not sure so I looked it up!

WebM.D. told me the following: What is Lyme disease? Lyme disease is an infection that is spread by ticks. You can get Lyme disease if you are bitten by an infected tick. But most people who have had a tick bite do not get Lyme disease. It’s still important to see your doctor if you have a tick attached to you that you can't remove. What causes Lyme disease? Lyme disease is caused by bacteria. Infected ticks spread the bacteria by biting people or animals.

So today the second day of summer vacation I will be taking my kidlets to the doctor! Oh joy! If anyone has any advice about Lyme or experience with a child having this please leave comment, I would like to hear what you saw or went through!

 
The photos you see are from yesterday’s adventure to a local watering hole! The boys had a blast and I got burnt! Ugh

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hope he feels better soon.

June 22, 2010 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger JRomamma said...

Thanks - seems fine so far....I guess Lyme is like that but I am not sure it is yet! But again THANKS!

June 22, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home