June 24, 2010

Thinking Thursday - two years ago vs today

This morning I was thinking of what to write and thinking of what has happened this past week, then thinking how I might have responded to this had it happened to us two years ago!

(read story of what happened here first http://robertsrockfarm.blogspot.com/2010/06/wake-up-wednesday-drama.html)


Here is how I look at one vs the other:
Yesterday I prayed that the ex-sitter would be able to see what went wrong and fix issues in her life!
Two years ago I would have wanted to hunt her down and yell at her, among other things.

Yesterday I was completly over joyed that my mother in law was able to step in and take care of the boys for the summer.
Two years ago I would have never even thought about her as being an option, because I would be to worried about what she thought of our home.

Yesterday I went to work and was able to focus on the work and not the issue past.
Two years ago I would still be dwelling on this, and would not be able to get my work done.

Yesterday I moved on.
Two years ago I would not be able to say the same thing...

So what makes it so different?  I have learned to let it go! Let things drop. Walk away from it and hope for a new day to arrive and start over.  This issue with the sitter is little in the whole bucket of life.  I have done this with all issues in my life? Nope, because I am not perfect.  But this issue was something I was not about to let get to me. 
Do I have to work on other issues? YES!  Will I ? Only God and I know for sure.  I have started to try and work on other issues that should just be let go, and others need more work then that.

So today I was thinking....this issue is small compared to all the other things going on in my life.  We have moved on and the boys had a great day with their Grammy.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

What a wonderful new outlook you have on life. Many people can learn from letting go and letting God.

June 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home