May 9, 2010

Mother's Day! Everyday!

Today is mothers day and I really don't focus on this day mainly because I am a Mother everyday! So I get hugs, kisses and I love yous everyday from my boys! That got me thinking about mothers day and what does it mean to me?


The meaning of mothers day is first defined by my own birth and adoption and being able to share every Mothers day with my Mom for the past 35 years! I was adopted May 29th 1974 just a few weeks past Mothers Day (that year)! I am sure the Joy of tiny hands making cute cards and some of the cheesest gifts ever, was the yearly highlight for my Mom, especially since she still has some of these after all these years!

Growing up I knew that a mother is not just the woman who gave birth to you, but a mother is the woman who would die for you, the woman who nurses you back to health in the middle of the night, the woman who holds you during a thunder storm. She is your everything, she heals you and teaches all at the same time, without you ever realizing it.

For all these things and more I love my Mom! Because of the love I received as a child from my mother, I too wanted to become a mother! and sometime in april 2001 we found out we would be parents in mid december.

So the day Came later than expected but it did happen, our first son arrived. That day I became a mother! That is my first Mothers day Then again three years later we were blessed with another little boy. Another Mother's Day for me!

Even though Mother's Day is fun, I think the celebration and appreciation of your mom should happen everyday in some small way be it a note, hug, email or phone call - make mothers day everyday in a small way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home