May 10, 2010

Monday - Why Monday! Post Mother's Day!

Great day yesterday besides being woken up at 5:45 (i think it was earlier) by our two boys wanting to share their creations with me! I got some of the cutest little dust collectors (see photos). I also was taken out to breakfast to the VFW in Manchester CT - One of the best breakfasts around (to bad they only do it every 2nd sunday of the month)!  At the VFW I got a rose and an omlet made to order, and the boys got blueberry pancakes and a mae to oder waffle!  It was great and I love what these man and women did for our country, and still do to serve it today.
While there I was struck by the scene of a War Vet using a walker and with help holding a baby girl, who was no more that a few months old..  It was amazing to see him supporting her tiny little head, and her father close at hand supporting her body under this elderly man.  It was a photo op, but I choose not to take one because I wanted to  remember the moment in my mind.  It was a beautiful sight especially on mother's day.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you all!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home