April 13, 2010

I saw this challange on another bloggers blog in Feb and I challenged myself to write 100 things you never knew you wanted to know about me!




I Jennifer…

1. am 36 years old as of April 13th

2. am 5′ 5″.

3. naturally brunette hair that I love to grow long in the summer!

4. Color my hair to suit my fancy

5. have hazel green eyes
6. I am adopted

7. one of my nick names is Jro(mamma) given to me by a co worker while pregnant with our first child (at a time when JLo was popular)

8. am a Christian and Love the Lord Jesus.

9. have been married for just over 10 years

10. have 2 beautiful, (growing) boys!


11. born outside Detroit Michigan


12. have lived in 5 states! Michigan (2X) Illinois, New York, Connecticut(2X) and Rhode Island
13. have visited Canada, Mexico, Scotland, Italy, Greece, England.

14. want to visit Egypt, Africa, and Australia…to name a few

15. have been in and survived house floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and blizzards.
16.


17. have a favorite color, it’s red.



18. love to wear black, red and jeans.



19.



20. love to get pedicures!


21. have 2nd generation HORRIBLE fingernails (and this has sadly carried on down to my daughter) and so I keep acrylics.



22. had 7 teeth pulled to get braces growing up (5th grade). I threw a FIT and bit the nurse when she tried to put a needle in my arm. They finally had to give me Valium and put me ‘under’ to pull them.



23. had to be put under again for my 4 wisdom teeth to be pulled my Junior year.



24. fainted trying to give blood my Senior year on my birthday {for Dessert Storm}. They had only pricked my finger!



25. had BOTH of my children naturally with no drugs or epidural!!…my Mother still can’t believe it! I guess I grew out of my needle/pain phobia!



26. love to decorate, organize and CLEAN out!



27. Love to go to yard sales with my Dh and Thrift stores with Ladybug!



28. am a shop until you drop kinda girl!



29. love ♥ anything chocolate! Especially dark chocolate with nuts!



30. love Pumpkin pie, ALL THINGS pumpkin really.



31. FAVORITE American holiday is Thanksgiving! I usually get to spend it with my family in Florida or them with us. My Favorite Biblical Holiday is Passover!



32. love that we take a Thanksgiving day picture every year since Ladybug was born, on the couch of wherever we are! I have made a special album of these pictures! You can see the kids growth, my hair styles change and Eric’s disappear! (lol!)



33. stopped watching T.V. 10 years ago {2000}! I have not regretted it. Through the years I have seen bits here and there (at family’s homes when visiting)…it’s nice to see that I made the right choice and am not missing anything!



34. Love movies though. That’s why we still own 2 T.V.’s in our home. We use them for movies, bible videos and school. * Streaming Netflix now on our Blue-ray, YEAH!



35. favorite movies of all time are Pride and Prejudice (BBC’s 6 hour version), Ever After and now Mamma Mia!



36. Love to read. Only Christian fiction and non. Mostly Historical Fiction.



37. favorite author is Lori Wick, though she doesn’t write fast enough for me, so I wander around to others {especially Karen Kingsbury, Francine Rivers and Terri Blackstock}.



38. favorite book of ALL time is….The Princess by LW, and a VERY close second is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.





39. grew up a KJV only girl. But Eric bought me a NASB to read to the kids during school and to use for Bible study with them. I tend to pick it up for myself now too.



40. don’t necessarily love to cook, do it because I have to feed my family.



41. do love to bake and make desserts though!



42. have had a terrible fear of spiders all my life, but as I have gotten older they no longer bother me as bad.





43. own a 2 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Daisy. She has Big ears, a BIG heart and NO Tail! So CUTE!



44. have 4 cameras, 5 lenses and a camcorder! I am a photographer, I have to have my tools! {This in NO way includes my collection of antique cameras either!}



45. love scrapbooking and stamping. Though I must confess, I am behind in scrapbooking! (YIKES! That’s not normal for me!)



46. know how to crochet, knit, cross stitch and embroider. Don’t enjoy doing any of them!



47. like to sew and quilt. Rotary cut/Machine quilt!



48. have always loved to draw, though don’t do it much.



49. love ♥ photoshop and would love to learn more of the graphic design part of it one day.



50. in my life so far I have won:



Most friends brought to VBS in 4th grade. (Got to throw a pie in the visiting evangelists face!)



Most Girl Scout cookies sold, one year in my troop. (Won 5 Silver Dollars, a stuffed animal and a t-shirt.)



A drawing contest for the whole elementary school, I was in the 6th grade. (Won a pencil sharpener of the liberty bell!)



Won “best smile” in 8th grade. (In the yearbook.)



Brought the most people in one night to youth group. (All expense paid Ski Trip my Senior year)



On Mission Magazines “Picture This” Photography contest 2006. {4th article down} (Won $100.00! and was published!)



Spouse of the Year 2006, 3 times! 1. for the 338th USAF Recruiting Squadron. 2. USAF Group-Regional Spouse of the Year. 3. USAF Auxiliary (local) Group. (An engraved clock, flowers & a coin, Picture frame/clock and an acrylic plaque, flowers and a coin!) My Dh wrote my nomination for these awards….so sweet!





51. am a schedule person. LOVE my iPhone and iCal, would be lost with out them!



52. have a split personality when it comes to cleaning up…at times I can let it go for a little while and then, EVERYTHING has to be clean: NOW!



53. have a few pet peeves: unnecessary noises, people who TALK too much (just to hear themselves talk!) and people who don’t use their turn signals!



54. love back and feet massages….though you have to be careful I am EXTREMELY ticklish!



55. love looking at my sleeping children.



56. love spending time with all my 11 nephews and 2 nieces!



57. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ♥ to travel. Don’t mind car but LOVE airplanes!



58. LOVE ♥ History. Biblical, Ancients, Middle Ages and Victorian eras….okay, okay I know that covers just about ALL of it! hee hee!



59. like to go to museums.



60. my favorite artist is Claude Monet. I love his Water Lilies Series but especially the Japenese Foot bridge. I have been able to see lots of his works in person!



61. would like one day to learn to paint.



62. have been told I don’t have the gift of mercy/compassion, but I think they were WRONG!



63. do have the spiritual gift of teaching. I love to teach.



64. was a Sunday School teacher to 3 and under at our church plant a few years ago!(*Our church plant closed it’s doors on 8-31-08)



65. am a very patient person, but not with my own family. The Lord is working on that!



66. right now in my spiritual life I am being taught to love more affectionately and to be thankful. Learning to speak my Family members Love Language too!





67. have a lot of favorite verses of scripture, but since I was a girl my life verse as been- “I will hide thy word in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11



68. have shared my faith, testimony and the gospel with lots of people. Have you? I am a discipler by nature, not a knock on doors, share my faith type person, though I have done this before. I like to build a relationship with the person and to continue it after they are saved. See the change and growth, it’s so awesome to see God work in people’s lives!



69. am a Pastor’s wife. This is weird for me, when I am introduced as that, I almost turn around and look for who they are talking about!



70. am still friends with and talk to the little girl I babysat when I was 9 and she was 3! Which is a big deal for someone one who has moved her whole life!



71. have 3 brothers. I grew up with 2 and we found out about the other in Oct. 2005! We love him like he has always been apart of the family. He is British and lives in England. God is so awesome!



72. am related to Pocahontas by marriage! She married John Rolfe (not SMITH) and had a daughter. Their daughter married into my family line. So, she is my 250th removed Great Aunt by marriage! J/K…I don’t know how many far back she is, but she’s back there!



73. come from a line of King and Queens of Canterbury, Wales, UK. So can call me Princess if you like! Our family (Maiden last name) is one that came over from England and who paid for the colony of Virgina to be established. (My parents both have a hobby of Genealogy!) I also am related to Thomas Jefferson!



74. LOVE Chinese food could eat it ever day!



75. like my pizza plain cheese, please!



76. don’t LIKE salad but will eat it.



77. LOVE ♥ all things seafood, especially shrimp, crab legs and clam strips! YUM!



78. love the library…could live there if I had to!



79. have worn Merle Norman products since I was 13! It’s a tradition in my family. You go at 13 to get a facial and buy cleansing products. Then at 16 you go again and get make-up!



80. am a NIGHT OWL. Big time! I have to MAKE myself go to bed…or I could stay up all night! This comes from my Portuguese great grandmother, my grandmother, my Dad and not only me, but 2 of my brothers suffer from the same problem! Ladybug is right there with us too! I get most of my work/stuff done after everyone is in bed! I can THINK, because it’s QUIET!



81. don’t drink coffee, never have and hope I never will, YUCK!!



82. LOVE music, of all kinds. I have listened to at one time or another all genres (except the kill your mother, eat your grandma, kind of music- you KNOW what I’m talking about!), but Contemporary Christian is my Favorite. Casting Crowns has been my ALL time favorite since their first album came out and they haven’t disappointed me yet! Big Daddy Weave is next! I have had the pleasure of seeing them both in person.



83. don’t play any instruments. I took piano for 3 months one place I lived but my piano teacher moved and I gave up! I know enough with that and helping my kids, and in Choir my whole life that I can get by with reading music. BUT my DREAM is to be able to play the Cello one day! Maybe in heaven’s orchestra!



84. have a bad habit of cracking my knuckles, I’m trying to stop but can’t help it!



85. have always been very outgoing and love crowds. Lately that is changing and I am being more of a home body! Really strange!?





86. drive a 2004 Mazda MPV that I LOVE!!! Did I say I LOVE my Van because I do! It is actually my 2nd one! It’s a van and the back seat folds down, the side door windows roll down and it’s on a car chassis so it doesn’t drive like a truck, like most vans. AND it’s ALMOST PAID for!!!



87. was paid to sing at funeral once! It was horrible! I thought I could handle it, because it was my friends Grandma and I didn’t know her. I sang 3 songs….and lost it on the last one! It was so sad to see all the love and grief mixed together.



88. want “It is Well With My Soul” sang at my funeral. And I want the GOSPEL PREACHED! Then let the PARTY begin because I am with JESUS!



89. love to get and give gift cards! I know some people think they are impersonal….but I love them because not only do you get (or give) the card as a gift but THEN you get to go shopping and get something you really want! So, it’s like getting 2 gifts almost!



90. don’t drink, anything but WATER. IF I have a soda once in a blue moon it’s Sprite. Will drink OJ with breakfast once in while too, but rare.



91. love ice cream. Favorite flavor is Vanilla Storm (has chocolate covered peanuts in it!), but settle for Cookies and Cream most of the time.



92. like the beach, LOVE the mountains.



93. love cutting hair, hate perms and don’t do color! (what kind of cosmetologist am I ?)



94. love photography. Love catching the light and laughter in people. LOVE Maternity & Newborn sessions.



95. don’t LIKE to speak in front of people especially with a microphone, but will if I HAVE to.



96. love doing expressive worship (signing to music) rather than singing.



97. love my TRUE friends ♥, though I have only a few.



98. love getting letters and cards in the MAIL! REAL snail mail. I know it’s old fashion but I still love it!



99. played baseball for 2 years on a pony league ,was suppose to be co-ed, but most of the other girls always ended up dropping out. I ended up being first baseman on an all boy teams, playing against all boys!! It was hilarious. My team mates would make me put my ponytail up in my hat and head out to first base….then after I got the runner out and they saw that I was girl (and yell it really loud to their dug out) . My team would crack up! But when I was up to bat was always a different story! I was hit many times by the ball as the pitcher would get nervous pitching to a girl! My Mom finally had enough of the bruises and made me quit. I went back to playing softball later, but it’s just not the same!



100. would have loved to adopt 2 more children. Dh and I had been wanting to for a long time and even were in 3 situations the ended up not working out. Not God’s will, and I am okay with that too!



Now you know more than you probably ever cared to know about me! ~Blessings



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home