WAKE UP WEDNESDAY - Prayer

Well we are back on track and in the regular routine again this week and I have to say it feels good and predictable and that is not a bad thing. Having a routine is a good thing for everyone in my family. As a mother you understand that if your children are off their routine, everything around them seems to crumble into pieces, and that is NOT good for all around them. With the holidays past us and the New Year here, we are getting back to our routines, but for me I am adding a few new routines (as I am sure many of us are).


Yesterday I added a fitness routine to my day, and I hope to continue it today etc. It felt good working out with the wii and I have to say I am getting pretty good a hula hooping! Adding a 1/2 a day for two weeks and then 45 minutes, working up to an hour of activity during the winter will be great. I also have to dust off the stationary bike and try to hop on that for 35 minutes every day. Isn't it said that after 21 days it becomes a habit? Well wish me luck in my new workout routine.

Onto my new routine with the Lord! I have carved out time to work on my physical being, now spiritual being. As I have been reading other blog post about resolutions and reconnecting with the Lord, I have seen that He is slapping me across the face with this. From an amazing sermon on Sunday all about Prayer to the following series of Blog Post

I AM ALL IN (to use a 2009 quote from church) ARE YOU?

Because I work in a ministry I have taken lead from our morning routine, which opens in prayer. Amazing that I can work in a place that allows and encourages prayer. During my day I have set time aside for prayer, and I continue to pray through the day as I think of people or come across something that is in need of prayer. I am also interested in how to pray and through the video sermon below I am sure the next two weeks will give me insight on how to communicate with the Lord and I am really looking forward to that.

This is from LifeChurch.tv a series on Prayer Everyone knows it’s important but not everyone knows how to do it. Craig Groeschel is the founding and senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv. Craig, his wife, Amy, and their six children live in the Edmond, Oklahoma, area where LifeChurch.tv began in 1996.

Comments

Love, love, love that you are prioritizing your physical and spiritual health! Thanks for being an inspiration in this :-)
You are getting a great start on 2010! Thank you for sharing your goals and plans with us ... what an encouragement you are!!
Jromamma said…
Teri and Brooke - Thank you to you all for the insipration. I have been thrilled with your blogs and today is no different -
We are getting back into our routine this week too. I am trying to implement some similar goals myself! I pray that the Lord gives you strength and help to accomplish all these goals. I know this is going to be a great year!
Jromamma said…
shhhhh

http://jromammafitness.blogspot.com/

for more info on the weight loss etc.

And thank you all for the kind words - sometimes just knowing people are reading makes the difference.
Charlene said…
I saw your link up on Kristi's post--how blessed you are to work at a ministry. I worked as a secretary at my church many years ago, and have also worked in a secular environment, and there is really no comparison as far as atmosphere and stress levels!
Good luck to you on your goals!
Sandra said…
I'm getting pretty good at the Wii hula-hoop too! Praying for your goals this year- thanks for sharing.
Alyssa said…
I am trying to exercise this year for the first time since high school it's tough isn't it.

Popular Posts