WAKE UP WEDNESDAY



I need to wake up!


I need to be refreshed.

I am in need of a spiritual upheaval.

Have you ever felt that way around the holidays?

We all get excited just before the Thanksgiving holiday and then we start to fizzle and falter a week before the BIG Day (Christmas)!

But I was thinking whose DAY is it anyways?



Does Christmas belong to the children of the world with the eyes wide open looking for some amazing happenings around them? Children have a great way of looking at the world, well at least mine do. My children are self focused and making their lists of what they "WANT" for Christmas, they are finding new items to ask "Santa" for every morning. I look at them and wonder was I like that? Was I full of wonder of what the world brought me that day, was I always looking out for me and what I wanted now? As a mother I wonder why they are so self focused. Why do they always look for the next thing that they feel is due to them? Then I am brought back to earth by my DH who reminds me that they are children and children are supposed to be one step ahead of themselves when it comes to what they want. Especially in this culture that they are being raised in, they look beyond their NEEDS and really focus on what they "WANT"!



Ok so what happens when we grow up and become adults?

Ok when most of us "Grow Up"!

When does that switch over happen when we stop focusing on our own needs and start to care about the needs of others?

When do we start to see that Christmas is not just about ONE DAY, but about giving to others EVERYDAY?

When is there a switch?

Is there ever a switch?

Does this happen to all of us or just those who are faithful servants of the Lord?

And even the faithful; can have the wrong objectives when it comes to giving to others, right?



Is Christmas for Adults? I am not sure it is when it comes to the commercial holiday. As adults we tend to dread Christmas and all the hassles it brings us, and in all we lose sight of what Christmas really means to us a Christians. We dread the messes, the family time, the bills, the time off and lose focus on the meaning of Christmas. So whose holiday is this?



We MUST Wake up and refocus, reconnect and refresh, and as we have started to say at Care Net Pregnancy Center of NECT...

~ BREATH!~



We have started to use Breath as our saying for 2010; we have looked to the word to refocus ourselves, reconnect with our goals and to refresh ourselves when we lose it. I will focus on BREATHING in 2010, but before that I will WAKE up and start to BREATH before Christmas.



Remember that this Christmas is not OURS; it all belongs to Jesus, for he is the reason for the season and each day of the year. Refocus yourself with one week to go. Reconnect with your families and children and refresh yourself before that day arrives.



Now I would like to ask you ~ what word would you use to focus yourself this Christmas season?

What are you going to do to Refocus, Reconnect or Refresh yourself and your family?



WAKE UP and take in some RRR




Comments

Popular Posts