Truthful Tuesday - Advent Style

Wanna hear the truth? NO?

Well neither do I ~ but last year made an impact on me and I in turn made an impact on my family. Last year at Christmas Time I was not yet, what I would call, a Christian.

Was I a believer in the Lord? YES

Was a Follow of Christ? Nope not yet.

I was close but I was not able to say to everyone I met in my daily life, that I believe that the Lord gave us Jesus (his only son) to take away all our sins. I was unable to believe that the Lord was my savior as well and that if I were to be true to him and what he is teaching us as Christians I would be given ever lasting peace with him in heaven. But NOW I CAN with my head held high.

But last year our church SPCC was entering the Advent season with a program called the Advent Conspiracy. An amazing concept / idea - but hard for an almost Christian mother of two materialistic boys. It was hard to make changes but with each year we get through the easier it will be right?


Advent Conspiracy wants the following:

[Worship Fully]

[Spend Less]

[Give More]

[Love All]

Again this year I am going to try and put these four ideas into play here at the Roberts Rock Farm and I would love for you to check out their sight and tell me how you are going to End the Advent Conspiracy!



Tomorrow I will talk about Worshiping Fully!
Thursday Spending Less
Friday (Focus on Giving MORE)
Saturday Loving All

UPDATE - This AM Advent Day 3 I asked the boys to tell one another one kind thing about the other! Trevor(7) told Dylan(4) that he "was a good brother and fun."


Dylan told trevor "I like when you play with me" (very honest)

I decribed each boy in a postive light and detailed their talents. In all it was a truthful AM!




Comments

Jromamma said…
UPDATE - Today Advent Day 3 I asked the boys to tell one another one kind thing about the other! Trevor(7) told Dylan(4)that he was a good brother and fun.
Dylan told trevor "I like when you play with me"
I decribed each boy in a postive light and detailed their talents. In all it was a truthful AM!

Popular Posts