Day Four Thinking about my purpose

There is more to life than just here and now!


"This world is fading away, along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of GOD, you will live forever" 1 John 2:17

Question to Consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?


One thing I should Stop doing would be a laundry list of things, but the most important would have to be to Stop Living for Things! Things, material objects, things equaling status, Things equal STUFF! Stuff I can not carry in my heart or mind, Stuff that will not come with me to his Kingdom. Material objects that do not equal amazing experiences with my children and family.


I am a taker of photographs and my boys make fun of me, but I think in my mind I am helping them and myself remember the times we have together, there for allowing them to look back. Then when they look back they will see all the fun that we had together as a family beyond the normal family routine. So for me Stopping living for things that I can not take with me would be important. Even talking with my husband about where we are in life and we both agree that we are living for the experiences in life and not all the stuff. And that feels good to be on the same page with where we are and where we want to be.


So now what should I feel motivated to start doing to move me forward to my life ever lasting? I Know I should Start to Pray and Read the bible each day. I need to remember that each day is a new day and a second chance to do it again, and I need to take advantage of that gift. So as of today I will try hard to read the bible each day. And at the end of this time of blogging I will let you all know how that is doing?








Comments

Popular Posts