Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving!

Wonderful time of the year. No gifts, just family - family to be thankful for! A day to reflect on all the great things we have and what we have been blessed with.

Over the summer months I started to walk in preparation of the Manchester Road Race. Done on a some what dare, I decided to start walking/speed walking to prepare for this 4.738 mile race held on Thanksgiving in Manchester CT. This is one heck of a race, the first mile is flat and then the next mile is uphill, killer, as I ran it over the summer!

So I worked out, I walked, I ran and I got ready for this event!

Then three weeks ago I got sick, and I have been unable to walk / work out for three weeks. So the date comes up quickly and I have already registered, so I have to get it done!

Thanksgiving Morning come and I AM READY! I get there early, with time to spare. I meet up with a friend of my husbands and a NON friends of my husbands as well. We gather for a few minutes and prepare our selves for this walk! It was amazing. It was weird. It was cold. Not freezing but cold.

The time came for the start, it was great to watch, to feel the energy!

Comments

Popular Posts